Folding Sliding Doors Technical Details
- Under the rolling load of the door, 36.6 kg/m2 (7 lbs / ft2 ) x door area, the lintel design must not permit the top track to deflect more than 13 mm. Door area being height x width. It will be seen that the load imposed in arrangement 2 is directly below the lintel whereas with arrangement 1 the additional cantilever effect must be considered; this also applies to a lesser degree with arrangement 3.
- The Track support brackets require a single bolt fixing for the HG, Whereas for the HH shutter two bolts for each bracket are required. Bracket spacing will be determined by consideration of both width and height of opening, details will be provided.
- For concrete lintels check with our technical department.
- Standard - Hasp and staple padlocking facilities are fitted to the inside and outside to enable positive locking from either side. Padlock to be provided by others. The staples are fitted to the lead post on a single door.
- Optional - Afive pin deadlock system can be incorporated.
- Operating handles and key apertures are provided inside and outside unless otherwise requested.
- Door Assembly: Comprises of vertically ribbed galvanised steel panels arranged to hinge within a heavy duty galvanised steel collapsible gate and fitted with a robust galvanised steel leadpost which incorporates handles and facilities for locking. Manufactured from hot dipped mild steel to BS 2989 Z2 quality - Certified.
- Panels: 306mm wide x 20g with 4no deep swages to give strength.
- Pickets: 2no back to back 38mm x 18mm cold rolled from 18g.
- Hinges: 33mm x 12mm cold rolled from 20g.
- Lazy Tongs: Mild steel bar 25mm x 6mm to BS 4360/43A Electro Plated Galvanised.
- Top Track: Formed from cold galvanised steel and suitably formed to provide robust 60mm x 67mm track section.
- Bottom Track: Cold rolled from 10g hot dipped galvanised steel, 42mm wide x 42mm deep fitted with anchoring feet.
- Door Susupension: Heavy duty double roller assemblies fitted with ball races and guided in the bottom track with heavy durty cast feet and roller guides.
- Jambs and Soffits: Substantially contructed steel jambs (if required) and door soffits are provided to suit the appropriate door arrangement.
- Please note: Bottom track excavations are required with all sliding shutters, please contact us to discuss this. (Excavation and grouting by others).
- The operator can be supplied for use with either single phase or three phase mains supply. Operators have integral torque limit - Mirco switch - Drive sprocket mounting bracket, and are both compact and robust with a simple but positive clutch adjustment to suit the particular installation, providing reliable and safe operation.
- The drive is achieved by means of an endless roller chain connected to the lead post and running parallel to the overhead track. Should power failure occur, the door can be converted to manual operation by simply disconnecting the drive chain from the lead post. Site wiring connections (by others) are required to be made from a mains supply isolator (by others) to the operator and control unit.
- A wiring diagram is provided by Wessex Industrial Doors LTD.
- Safety - light beams, through beams, infra red reflective beams and safety edges
- Controls - Push button operated switches marked 'open','close' and 'stop' are provided for location in the required position.
- Remote control by photo-electric cells with or without automatic closing by time relays or an induction system operating on radio control principles are available. We shall be pleased to provide advice on a control system when your requirements are known.
- Application - Power operation can be provided for installation arrangements 1,2 and 3 within the same clearances required for manually operated doors and, this feature allows manually operated doors the option of being converted to power operation at a date later than the installation date.
- Runway beams - Cut-outs in standard or special extra wide lead posts can be arranged to accommodate single beams passing through bi-parting manually operated doors. Off-sets from the center line of the opening are provided by using unequal pairs of leaves each side.
- Viewing slots - Viewing slots giving a clear view area of 201mm x 70mm can be incorporated. Standard glazing of 5mm (3/16") thick hardened and tempered safety glass. Non- standard sizes of glazing material can be considered.
- Railway Lines - Special bottom tracks can be supplied where railway lines pass through the opening.
Folding Sliding Shutter Doors Technical Supplements - Download in PDF Format
Folding Sliding Shutter Door Brochure